What happens when you combine Baked Jalapeño Poppers with chicken?? Oh yeah baby!! Cheesy jalapeno popper stuffed chicken breast stuffed with diced jalapeño, cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, scallions and bacon!
Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
- 2 Slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. Reduced fat shredded cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped scallions
- 8 Thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- ½ cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs, or GF crumbs
- 1½ 1 Juicy limes, juice of
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
- Follow Steps 1 to 8, then air fry in batches 400F for 12 minutes, turning halfway.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories371
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 49mg 17%
- Sodium 356mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 42.5g 85%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.