Cheese and Bacon Dip
- 12 oz Bacon 350 g,chopped
- 8 oz Cream cheese 250 g, softened
- 1 cup Sour cream preferably full fate
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Garlic powder or sub with onion powder
- 1 cup Shredded tasty or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Shallots / scallions chopped (4 – 5 stalks)
BREAD BOWL & TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Round cob bread sourdough works best
- 5 Jatz / Ritz or other plain savoury cracker crushed
- Oil spray
- Cook bacon in a non stick skillet / fry pan over high heat until browned. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and garlic powder together in a heat proof bowl.
- Stir through most of the bacon, all the cheese and most of the shallots. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. The dip may look like the oil from the cheese has separated. Just stir well and it will come (and stay) together.
- If serving as is, pour into a serving bowl, top with remaining bacon and shallots.
- Serve with crackers, chips and the bread you pulled out to create the bread bowl
- If making this in a bread bowl. use a small knife to cut a circle on the top of the cob loaf then remove enough bread to make a bowl. Pour the dip into the bowl.
- Top with crushed crackers, spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 180C/350F until top is golden.
- Top with remaining bacon and shallots. Serve warm.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories264
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.8g 60%
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 55mg 19%
- Sodium 337mg 15%
- Potassium 107mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1.5g
- Protein 7.1g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.