Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
- 24 oz Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Egg Whites Large
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ oz Cooking Spray
- ½ Onion
- ½ cup Frozen Peas and Carrots Mix
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 5 Scallions
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamarior or Coconut Aminos
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don't over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories108
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 47mg 16%
- Sodium 868mg 37%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.