Carrot Soup with Ginger and Tumeric
- 1⁄16 – 1⁄8 cup Butter
- 1 ½ cup Chopped onions
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tsp Minced garlic
- 1 ¼ lbs medium carrots, peeled,chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded,chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 ½ tsp Grated rind of lemons
- 3 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 Small carrot peeled,grated
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 4 minutes…
- Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes
- Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute
- Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender.
- Return soup to pot.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
- % Daily Value *
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.