These EASY caramel apples are a perfect fall treat! Homemade caramel is so delicious but pairing it with a crisp apple takes things to the next level!
- 8 Small, tart apples (such as Granny Smith or Rome)
- 8 Caramel apple sticks
- 1 cup Heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Light corn syrup
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups Chopped roasted peanuts
- Remove and discard apple stems; insert sticks halfway into apples; set aside.
- Boil ¾ cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture turns a rich brown color and temperature reaches 250°, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining ¼ cup cream, vanilla, and salt. Remove from heat; cool 2 minutes.
- Dip apples, one at a time, into hot caramel. Allow excess caramel to drip off, then quickly press nuts onto caramel layer before it cools. Refrigerate apples to set caramel. Serve apples at room temperature.
More apple toppings:
- Popcorn: Crush fresh popcorn with your hands in a bowl. Coat caramel with popcorn, then with nuts, then drizzle with melted semisweet chocolate.
- Chocolate: Dip your apples in caramel, then chill. Once apples are cool, dip them into melted milk chocolate, letting excess drip off. Chill again, then drizzle apples with melted white chocolate.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories492
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 16g 80%
- Cholesterol 76mg 26%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.