Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese is a simple salad of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes topped with basil and a splash of balsamic. A perfect end of summer appetizer or side dish, especially when tomatoes are at their peak.
- 1 Large Tomato, sliced into 8 slices
- 8 oz. Fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
- 5-6 Basil leaves, sliced
- 2 tsp. Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh pepper
- Place sliced mozzarella on a large plate or platter.
- Top with tomato, olive oil, balsamic, basil, salt and pepper.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories100
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 22.5mg 8%
- Sodium 180mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 6.5g 13%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.