If there’s one fruit that’s at the heart and soul of summer, it’s peaches. Biting into the soft flesh is like encountering a giant wave of flavorful juiciness. And when they’re ripe and fragrant, time is of the essence, because this fleeting season will come and go before you know it. No matter how contemporary the world gets, old-fashioned desserts, like peach crisps, are here to stay.
Bourbon Peach Crisp with Pecan Streusel
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- 9 x 13-inch Glass Baking Dish with Lid
- Pastry Blender
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- 9" Wire Whisk
- 10" Chef's Knife
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
THE STREUSEL, WHISK
- 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ¼ 1Sticks cold unsalted butter (10 Tbsp.), diced
- ¾ cup Old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Coarsely chopped pecans
THE FILLING, COMBINE
- 3 lb. Fresh yellow peaches, diced
- Whipped cream
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Bourbon or peach nectar
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until butter is pea-sized. Mix in oats and pecans until thoroughly combined; chill.
- Combine peaches and sugar in a bowl.
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice, and vanilla; whisk in cornstarch until dissolved and stir into peach mixture. Transfer filling to a 9×13-inch (3-qt.) baking dish.
- Top filling with streusel and bake crisp until filling is bubbly and streusel is brown, 35–40 minutes; let rest on a rack 30 minutes. Serve crisp with whipped cream.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories328
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Cholesterol 25mg 9%
- Sodium 54mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.