This blueberry shrub punch is one of our favorite drinks. Shrubs were popular during America’s colonial era as a cocktail and became another way to preserve fruit. Whether it’s a hot summer afternoon, or you wish it was, this refreshing drink is worth the work.
Blueberry Shrub Punch
- 1 Lemon
- 1 lb. Fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Distilled white vinegar
- 2 ⅔ cups Vodka, chilled
- 8 cups Club soda, chilled
- Crushed ice
- Fresh blueberries
- Peel lemon with a vegetable peeler. (Do not include white pith.)
- Crush 1 lb. blueberries, lemon peel, and sugar in a glass bowl; let sit 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar, cover, and refrigerate at least 48 hours. Press shrub through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids.
- Combine shrub, vodka, and club soda with ice and blueberries; serve immediately.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories320
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 1mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.