Put sweet fresh blueberries to good use in this creamy, supersized slab pie. Layered with silky coconut cream, fresh blueberries, and flaky crust, this slab pie is perfect for summer parties and get-togethers.
Blueberry-Coconut Cream Slab Pie
- 1 Recipe Coconut Oil Pie Crust
- 1 pkg. Cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
- 2 Eggs, divided
- 1 cup Cream of coconut, divided
- 1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp. Quick-cooking tapioca, ground
- 1 tsp. Coconut extract
- 4 cups Fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. Heavy cream or milk
- Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 500° with a baking stone on rack in lowest position, at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare pie dough according to directions.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 egg with a mixer until smooth. Add ½ cup cream of coconut and beat until smooth; spread onto bottom crust. Reduce oven temperature to 400°.
- Whisk together remaining ½ cup cream of coconut, lemon juice, tapioca, and coconut extract; toss with blueberries to coat, then sprinkle over cream cheese filling.
- Roll remaining dough into a 12-inch square, then cut into 2½ x 2½-inch squares (there will be extra). Combine remaining 1 egg and cream and brush over squares. To form checkerboard pattern, arrange squares on pie, overlapping in diagonal lines. Sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake pie until top and edges are golden, 35–40 minutes. Let pie cool to room temperature.
308 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories1
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 14g 70%
- Cholesterol 50mg 17%
- Sodium 163mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.