Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 20cm/9" square tin
- 18 Arnott's Marie crackers (150g) or 16 Graham cracker squares (8 full sheets))
- 3.5 oz Unsalted butter 100 g, melted
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 12 oz Philadelphia cream cheese , softened 320 g
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- ⅓ cup Sour cream
- 1 cup White sugar 220 g, superfine or caster is best
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 8 oz Blueberries (~1 3/4 cups)
- Icing sugar / confection sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F (all oven types).
- Spray a 20cm/9" square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang (so it can be lifted out once cooked).
- Place biscuits in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form. Add butter and sugar and blitz to combine – it should look like wet sand.
- Pour into tin and use something with a flat bottom to press into base.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, not fluffy. Add flour and beat until just combined.
- Add sour cream, sugar, vanilla and lemon. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one and a time, beating in between until just combined.
- Fold in most of the blueberries – reserve some for topping. Pour into tin and smooth surface. Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes (fan forced / convection) or 40 minutes (standard), or until cheesecake is set but the middle wobbles a bit like jelly – see video. The surface should not be browned, there will probably be some minor cracks.
- Cool in tin, then refrigerate (covered) for at least 4 hours. Use paper overhang to lift out, dust with icing sugar if desired. Cut into squares or bars. Serve!