This berry-filled crostata not only tastes like summer, but with its free form, it’s got that great casual vibe, too. Topped with crunchy almonds and sparkling sugar, this dessert hits all the right notes.
Blueberry Almond Crostata
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Half-Sheet Pan
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Beechwood Pastry Brush Set
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Pure almond extract
- 1 Purchased refrigerated pie crust (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. Sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together blueberries, raspberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract for the filling.
- Set pie crust on prepared baking sheet. Spoon filling into center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Dot filling with diced butter. Fold edges of dough over filling, leaving center exposed, and press any loose edges down.
- Brush melted butter over crust; sprinkle with almonds and sparkling sugar.
- Bake crostata until golden brown, 20 minutes. Cool crostata until filling is set, at least 10 minutes.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories182
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
- Sodium 141mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.