Black and white truffles: lovely to look at and delicious to eat at the end of your family Christmas dinner.
Black & White Truffles
THE DARK GANACHE
- 8 oz. Semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Creme de cassis liqueur
THE WHITE GANACHE
- 8 oz. White chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. Pure almond extract
- 10 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, divided
- 2 oz. White chocolate, finely chopped
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup Each toasted coconut, toasted chopped almonds, and grated chocolate (optional)
- Line an 8 1/2×4 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang on two ends.
- Combine semisweet chocolate, 6 Tbsp. cream, and crème de cassis for the dark ganache in a medium glass bowl. Heat mixture in a microwave on 50% power, stirring every 20 seconds until chocolate is almost melted; stir until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup; set aside at room temperature until firm enough to roll into balls. Pour remaining ganache into prepared pan; chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Combine 8 oz. white chocolate, 6 Tbsp. cream, and almond extract for the white ganache in a medium glass bowl; melt according to directions for dark ganache. Cool the mixture until it's just warm, then pour over the chilled dark ganache in the pan. Chill until firm, 4–24 hours. Lift layered ganache from pan; cut into 1/2-inch squares.
- Finely chop 8 oz. of the bittersweet chocolate for the coating; transfer to a medium glass bowl. Melt chocolate according to directions for dark ganache. Add remaining 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a chocolate dipping tool or 2 forks, dip ganache squares into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off. Place squares on parchment-lined pan to set coating. Melt 2 oz. white chocolate; drizzle over coated squares.
- Dust your hands with cocoa, then form reserved 1/2 cup dark ganache into balls about the size of grapes. Roll truffles in coconut, almonds, or chocolate, if desired.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories89
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 6mg 2%
- Sodium 6mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.