No bartender or mixology degree required.
Summer is here and that means sunshine and outdoor fun. One of the biggest requirements? An ice-cold cocktail! One way to make sure you always have a drink in hand is to whip up big batch cocktails so the refreshments are available all day long.
Here are three delicious, refreshing big batch cocktail recipes from our very own Chef Nate Appel. They’re all made with three steps or less because no summer afternoon should be spent prepping drinks indoors:
Although it has an intimidating name, this cocktail couldn’t be easier to prep.
- 1 Bottle Champagne/Prosecco
- 8 oz Vodka – More or Less (to taste)
- 3-4 oz Cranberry Juice (to taste)
- Simple Syrup (to balance flavor if cranberry juice is too sweet)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large pitcher
- Pour over Ice and garnish with mint and your favorite berries (raspberries, blueberries, or pomegranate seeds)
Old Fashioned Iced Tea
It’s like your average iced tea…but for adults.
- 32 oz Regular Iced Tea (Unsweetened)
- 12 oz Bourbon/Whiskey
- 4 oz Infused Ginger/Mint/Lemon Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 oz Ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 4-6 LargeSprigs of Mint
- 1 Lemon Cut Into Rounds
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer 3-5 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove from heat.
- Let cool. Strain out ginger, lemon, and mint.
- Stir all ingredients together in a large pitcher. Serve over ice. Garnish with Candied Ginger, Mint Sprigs, and Orange/Lemon Slices!
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
A kick of heat, a zing of lime, AND a refreshing burst of cucumber juice = trifecta.
- Handful Cilantro
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz White Tequila
- 2 oz Cucumber Juice (made by blending peeled cucumbers in a food processor, then straining)
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Jalapeño and Cucumber Slice, for garnish
- Muddle Cilantro and Jalapeño in a cocktail shaker.
- Add Tequila, Cucumber juice, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, and ice. Shake well.
- Strain cocktail into glass with ice and garnish with Jalapeño and Cucumber slice.