These Baked Eggplant Sticks are breaded with Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan, baked or air-fried until golden, and served with a quick marinara sauce.
Baked Eggplant Sticks
- 10 oz. Eggplant, from 1 small or 1/2 large
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, (substitute with gluten bread crumbs if GF)
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 Large egg white
- oil spray
- 1 cup quick marinara sauce for dipping, optional, extra
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Place eggplant strips in a bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl, and egg whites in another.
- Dip a few strips of eggplant at a time into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs. Using a fork, remove eggplant from crumbs and place on the baking sheets. Spray with more oil and bake 10 minutes in the middle rack.
- Turn over and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.
- Cook in batches, putting the sticks in the basket in an even layer, careful not to overcrowd it. Spritz with olive oil spray. Air Fry at 350F for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories87
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 2mg 1%
- Sodium 441mg 19%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4.5g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.