Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes
- ¾ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Hot water
- 6 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Miniature chocolate chip
- 1 lb Confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup Irish cream, such as Bailey's (or heavy cream)
- ⅛ tsp Leaves green concentrated food coloring, plus additional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 muffin cups with liners.
- In bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until dissolved; reserve.
- Melt 6 T butter; reserve.
- In bowl, mix flour with next five ingredients.
- Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and cocoa mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide among liners.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer from pan to racks; cool.
- On medium-high speed, beat remaining butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until blended.
- Add liqueur; beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Beat in 1/8 t food coloring until blended.
- If desired, fit large star tip into pastry bag.
- Using paintbrush starting at tip of bag, paint 2-3 lines of food coloring along inside, ending 1 inch from edge.
- Place bag in glass; fill with frosting.
- Pipe, or with spoon, spread frosting over cupcakes.
- If desired, decorate with shamrocks.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories363.5
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 50%
- Cholesterol 58.4mg 20%
- Sodium 289.4mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7%
- Sugars 43.8g
- Protein 3.2g 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.