Craving Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken ? Skip your local Thai restaurant and make it at home instead! This delicious and simple Asian dish is made with, made with stir fried chicken strips, scallions, carrots, rice noodles, bean sprouts and broccoli slaw, bean mixed in a spicy peanut sauce.
Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- 1 cup Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 5 tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce, use Tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp. Freshly grated ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. Chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha chili sauce, more or less to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce, use Tamari for gluten free
- ½ tbsp. Sesame oil
- 8 oz. Rice noodles
- ¾ cup Green onion, chopped
- 1 -1/4 cups Shredded carrots
- 1- 1/4 cups Shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp. Chopped peanuts
- 1 Lime, sliced
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- For the peanut sauce: Combine 1 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, sriracha, honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, and 3 cloves crushed garlic in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and well blended, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil water for the noodles cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet or wok until hot. Add oil and sauté chicken on high heat until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, scallions, carrots, broccoli slaw and/or bean sprouts and salt, sauté until tender crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain noodles and toss with peanut sauce and additional chicken broth if needed to loosen the sauce. When chicken is cooked, toss with noodles.
- Divide noodles and chicken between 6 bowls, top with sauteed vegetables, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts (or you can toss everything together to hide the vegetables so your family members don't push them aside!) and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories359
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 48mg 16%
- Sodium 670mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 22g 44%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.