The worst thing about desserts is waiting for them to bake or cool. But that’s not the case with this sweet treat! This Frosted Animal Cookie Chex Mix with peanuts and pretzels come together so quickly, you won’t have to wait long. The neat thing about this frosted Chex mix is it transforms a breakfast staple into to-die-for dessert. You can also serve this as a sweet after-school snack or afternoon pick-me-up — kids love it!
Animal Cookie Snack Mix
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- High-Heat Scraper
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Half-Sheet Pan
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- 4 cups Chex cereal (corn or rice variety)
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Vanilla-flavored almond bark
- 2 tbsp. Rainbow sprinkles
- 1 pkg. Frosted circus animal cookies (13 oz.), such as Keebler
- 2 cups Tiny pretzel twists
- 1 cup Dry-roasted peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Add granulated sugar; continue to heat, in 10-second intervals, until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in cereal until coated, then stir in powdered sugar; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Melt almond bark in a glass measuring cup in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until smooth; drizzle over cereal mixture, then quickly top with sprinkles (before almond bark hardens).
- Combine frosted Chex mix with cookies, pretzels, and peanuts.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories287
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Cholesterol 6mg 2%
- Sodium 232mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.